Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Acapulco & Zihuatanejo, Mexico



Monday found us in Acapulco – I'm going to admit right now that I was not really looking forward to our stops in Mexico. In fact, mum and I had pretty much decided just to stay on the ship in Acapulco, but at the last minute we booked ourselves on a tour called “The Best Views of Acapulco”, and I am so glad that we did! We ended up loving it here, and I can definitely see myself coming back for a holiday in the future. We went to the hotel Las Brisas where every bungalow has its own private pool – talk about swank! I am totally staying here sometime in the future, even if I can only afford to stay for a couple of nights! We then drank pink margaritas at 10:00 in the morning – very decadent, I know, but when in Mexico.....Next up was a stop at the Chapel of Peace with its huge, 200+ foot cross that can be seen from anywhere in Acapulco. We then went to Hotel Los Flamingos and climbed up to Tarzan's house. The views were indeed amazing, and on our way back to the ship our driver stopped so that we could watch the cliff divers putting on their show for the tourists – snuck that one in for free! We were in port until 10:00 pm, so the ship brought aboard Antonio Rameriz and his Mexican Folklorico Festival featuring “Aztec Dancers, Rope Tricks, Singers, Mariachis and Dances of Different Mexican States” which was a really great show. Tuesday we arrived in Zihuatanejo where we traveled to a coconut farm, the village of Petatlan, and a gorgeous beach where part of The Shawshank Redemption was filmed. Honestly though, the highlight of the day was the three puppies that they had at the coconut farm – they were just so cute, I spent as much time as I could playing with them and receiving puppy kisses! I miss my dogs and cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment